Our down-filled pillows are a great alternative to others on the market today. Choosing the right pillow is essential for getting a good night’s sleep. And we are all about providing a great sleep. But with so many different types of pillows on the market, you can get lost and it can be challenging to figure out which is the right one for your sleeping position. We got you covered! In this episode, we’ll provide you with some helpful tips for selecting the best pillow based on your sleeping position. We are all about Better Sleep. Better Days.
Step 1: Determine Your Sleeping Position
The first step in choosing the right pillow is to determine your sleeping position. Everyone’s sleeping position is different. There are three primary sleeping positions: back, stomach, and side. There are also some who sleep in a combination of the three sleeping positions. If you are sleeping in all three positions, there’s something wrong with your pillow.
- Back Sleepers: If you sleep on your back, you definitely need a pillow that will support the natural curve of your neck and keep your head in alignment with your spine. We recommend White Goose Down Chamber Lock Pillow, and look for either medium or firm pillow, it is not too high nor too flat.
- Stomach Sleepers: For stomach sleepers, you need a pillow that is soft and flat. This type of pillow will prevent your neck from bending unnaturally and causing pain. We recommend all of our Eco-Friendly pillows, Feather and Down pillows, and Down Combo Pillows. These pillows are excellent for stomach sleepers.
- Side Sleepers: For those that sleep on the side, you need a pillow that is higher under your neck than your head. This will keep your head and neck in alignment with your spine. We recommend firm pillows such as our White Goose Down Chamber Lock Pillows and Down Combo Pillows to support your head but soft enough to cushion your ear.
Step 2: Consider Your Pillow Material
You have finally determined your sleeping position, the next step is to consider the material inside your pillow. We provide several different materials to choose from:
- Down: Our down pillows are filled with RDS certified down that’s ethical, sustainable, and traceable. It is also hypoallergenic. Made in Canada in our atelier in East York, Ontario, our down pillows are soft, lightweight, and provide excellent insulation and support.
- Feather: Our feather pillows are filled with small white goose feathers, roughly 2-4 cm in size. These feather pillows are inexpensive, lightweight and provide excellent support.
- Eco-friendly: Our eco-friendly pillows offer wool, bamboo, silk, and microfiber gel. Our eco-friendly pillows are inexpensive and extremely easy to clean. These fantastic pillows are great for a combination of stomach and back sleepers.
Step 3: Check Pillow Size And Shape
The final step is to check the size and shape of your pillow. Remember that the size of your pillow should always be determined by your bed size, and the shape should always be determined by your sleeping position.
- Standard Pillow: A standard pillow size is 20 x 26 inches and great for twin or double beds.
- Queen Pillow: A queen pillow size is 20 x 30 inches and great for queen beds.
- King Pillow: A king pillow size is 20 x 36 inches and great for king beds.
Decorative Pillow: Comes in a wide range of sizes from 20 x 20 to 30 x 30. Also referred to as decorative cushions. These cushions are only for decorative purposes.
Choosing the right pillow for your position is essential for getting a Better Sleep. Better Days. By following our tips, you can select the perfect pillow from our collection that will provide the support and comfort you need. Follow our steps and with the right pillow, you’ll wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day ahead.
- Royal Elite - White Goose Down Chamber Lock PillowAs low as $171.75 Regular Price $229.00
- Royal Elite - Feather PillowAs low as $26.25 Regular Price $35.00
- Royal Elite - Down Combo PillowAs low as $63.75 Regular Price $85.00
- Royal Elite - Recycled European Down PillowAs low as $104.25 Regular Price $139.00
- Royal Elite - Wool Combo PillowAs low as $33.75 Regular Price $45.00
- Royal Elite - Bamboo PillowAs low as $33.75 Regular Price $45.00
- Royal Elite - Silk Combo PillowAs low as $33.75 Regular Price $45.00
- Royal Elite - Canadian Hutterite White Down PillowAs low as $186.75 Regular Price $249.00